Pages

Monday 9 May 2016

Netball is a fun and challenging sport!




On Friday 6th of May Room 7 went to the top court to play netball as part of our kiwisport programme. We met our coaches named Tina and Mark. First we had to say our name, age and what we wanted to be when we grow up. I said that I wanted to be an athlete.


For our warm up we did jogging. We had to jog to the end of the court. Soane and Vaughn got there first and I came last place because they were running and I was just jogging.Then we have to jog back to the start line. After that we were in 2 lines in a group. I was in the second line with 9 classmates from Room 7. Then we had to partner up with a buddy.  I was with Rhonda. We had to find a space because we were to fold our arms and put one leg up, try to balance and try knock our partner over. If our partner is knocked over,  he/she had to land on both legs.  


Then Tina taught us how to chest pass. First I had to get a ball, make a letter w with my hands to show that I’m ready to throw it straight to my partner.  The ball is placed on my hands by my chest then I pushed my foot down then passed the ball to my partner. After that we had to get into a team of three people. I was with Matej and Christian. Christian had to pass the ball to Matej ,then Matej had to pass the ball back to Christian and then Christian  passed the ball to me. When I passed the ball back to Christian, Mark said that I was very good at it.


Finally, it was over so  we did a warm down. We had to stretch our arms, legs and thighs. Lastly Christian came up with a class name and it was called Rock Solid. Tina said we would have to make up a new class name that we would all agree on. Then we gave a shout saying, “ Rock Solid Bang Bang!”. Then we said thank you and trotted off to class.


My favourite part was when we had learnt how to chest pass because Room 7 used all our might to pass the ball from a distance to our partners.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount, starting with the orientation, followed by the events and then a conclusion of my first Netball session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.