Pages

Sunday 29 May 2016

I need a toothpick for my butterfly's antenna!

On Friday 27th of May, Room7 had our art session with Salome and Siliga on a rainy day. First we looked at some photos of insect sculptures as examples. In the pictures, I saw a recycled monkey. I spotted spoons been used for the monkey's ears and also metal forks being used for its feet.

Next Salomi asked Alessandra and I to gather in all the recyclable materials from under the brown and white tables. When I finished gathering the materials, I grabbed a large roll to make the body of my recycled butterfly. Then I used some tin foil and wrapped it around the roll, I went to Salome so that she could glue my tin foil onto the roll. I went to the materials section to get two toothpicks for my butterfly's antenna.

For the wings, I asked Kyle if I could have three pieces of cardboard. Kyle gave me some cardboard and I used a pair of scissors to cut out the four wings. After that, I went to Salome to stick my wings onto my butterfly. When the wings were stuck onto the roll, I asked my teacher for a red marker, so that I could add details to the butterfly's wings and body.

When I finished adding in the details, we all had to pack up the room because it was very messy. Lastly we said thank you to Salomi and Siliga for helping us with our sculptures and ended our day with Karakia.

My favourite part of the day was when Room 7 was cleaning up our classroom because we all helped each other with the tidy up.  

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount starting with the introduction, followed by the events and then the conclusion to write about Room 7's art session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.