Pages

Tuesday 22 November 2016

I am so proud of my dad!

Image result for graduation cap and diplomaOn Wednesday 16th of November, my family and I went to to my dad's graduation ceremony in Dunedin. He was becoming a priest. His family and friends came to Dunedin as well to support him. Before we went to church, we all dressed up in our best clothes. I wore a dress that had pictures of nature on it.

When we got to the Knox church, we took some photo before we entered the church. After that, we went into the church and the church was humongous. There were flights of stairs going up to the second or the third level so that the people can sit there if they wanted to.

Soon, the ceremony started. The graduates walked into the church and took a seat. They were wearing their culture clothes except for my dad and his Samoan friend. My dad was wearing a black suit with his new brown church shoes and his friend was wearing a cyan suit with black shoes. We were all singing, praying and praising God.

Later on, it was time to place the lolly necklaces on the graduates. Afterwards, we all sang our last song. Then it was time for my brother and I to say the Benediction. A Benediction is the last prayer for finishing off the ceremony. We both said it loud and clear. Before long, the ceremony ended and a lot of people thanked my brother and I for the lovely prayer that our dad had written for us to say.

My favourite part was when my brother and I said the Benediction because our dad wrote a lovely prayer for everyone to feel the love of God.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our writing.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I describe my recount using adjectives like humongous and lovely in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.