Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2016

Yay, Guy Fawkes Day is here!


Screenshot 2016-11-07 at 10.24.53.pngOn Saturday 4th of November, My siblings, friends and I celebrated Guy Fawkes Day at my house. Her name is Anita and some of her friend's were invited as well. They were Alfred and Beatrice.

First we all watched other people's fireworks before we lighted ours. After we watched five fireworks blow up, we all went to our houses to get our fireworks. My siblings and I had a box of fireworks and it was called the 'Big boom box'. Alfred and Beatrice had the same box as us, but Anita only had 3 firework sticks.

After a while, Anita called her brother if he could light our fireworks and spectate us. Anita's brother came and we decided to light the small ones first. We opened up our box first and we lit up all the cascade fireworks. Cascade fireworks are small sticks and when it is lit, it spins everywhere on the ground. It was very cool.

Eventually, we decided to save the firework sticks and light some big ones and do the big ones. There were 20 big ones. When the big ones were finished, we lit the rest of the firework sticks. There were 6 sticks each so we all had one each. Anita's brother lit our sticks at the same time so that the fireworks would appear in the same time together. It was so amazing. We all had a fun and exhausting day.

My favourite part was when we watched the fireworks because we saw a firework that blew up and had ' Happy Guy Fawkes day' on it.

Learning intention: We are learning to use descriptive language in our recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use sentence openers to sequence my recount for example, eventually and  after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.