Pages

Friday 11 November 2016

That fruit sponge cake was so delicious!

On Friday 28th of October, Saint Patrick's School had a Mission Day. First we walked up to church for a whole school mass. We all sang with our beautiful voices. When mass had finished, we had a coin trail in our classroom.

When the bell rang, Vaughan and Kyle went to Room 2 to set up our activity. It was called 'Hit the target!'. You have to hit a cup using a ball to win  a prize. The number of lollies that you get depends on the cup that you hit. If you hit a cup that had the number '5', then you get five lollies.

After that, the bell rang and people started going visiting the stalls. While Vaughan and Kyle were running the activity, Jayden and I went to the cake stall to buy a cake. I bought a fruit sponge cake.  Then we went to Room 5L to see what activities were there.

When I saw the trivia group, I decided to play it because I wanted to challenge myself. I picked the topic countries. There were some easy questions  and only one of the question was hard. I won nine lollies because I got nine questions correct.

Later on, it was my turn to run the activity with Jayden. Some people came to play and everyone got lollies. Soon it was time to pack up.

My favourite part was when I was running my activity because the people who played it were all very good at hitting the target.

Learning intention: We are learning to use descriptive language in our writing.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives to describe my recount of the Mission Day that was held at our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.