Pages

Sunday 19 June 2016

Creating a new recyclable insect is very hard work!

 
On Thursday 16th of may, Room 7 had our 7th art lesson with Salome and Siliga.  First we were put into 3 different groups of insects. There was the crawling insects, the flying and lastly the birds. My insect was a butterfly so I went to the flying insect section.

First of all, Salome told us to look at our paper and find the recycled materials that we need to create our insect. I decided that I would use a bottle for my butterfly's body. I used a big piece of cardboard to create my wings. I used a green marker and designed the four wings for my sculpture. Then I cut out my butterfly's wings with a yellow pair of scissors. 

I went to Silinga and asked him if he could glue my wings onto the body. After that, Salome said, "We only have 2 more minutes!" We only had a minute to clean up. Lastly we said, "Thank you Salome and Silinga for helping us with our sculpture!" My favourite part of the day was when I used a green marker first to draw the wings because I made sure that I cut out the wings using the lines that I have drawn so that my wings would be the perfect size.
Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount using the correct structure.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I record my recount of our 7th art lesson using Blabberize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.