Pages

Thursday 7 June 2018

Cartoon Character Fridge Magnets!!

What if I get burnt?
Another Thursday went past and it was time for woodwork. Today was very exciting for me because we were making cartoon characters using a burner and important listening skills so that we are all safe. For our assignment we were told to print out any character we liked. I had chosen a picture of a minion holding out his teddy. For this art I had used a:
  • Piece of wood
  • A sandpaper
  • A burner
  • Various colours of paint
  • Paint brushes
  • Ink plastic paper
  • Pencil
  • And our character

I started by sanding out my piece of wood so that I could have a firmer base for burning properly. After a while of sanding, I grabbed a Ink plastic paper and added some sticky tape to the sides to hold it down. I also added tape onto the character so that it could not move while I was tracing it. Sooner or later, It was time to burn my character. I plugged in the black and red plugs into the right holes as Mr. Nair had said and flicked the switch on. Safely, I used the Poker Worker machine and I was shocked at the vibration of the burner. As soon as I finished burning, I started organising my paint. With the help of Eti, I eventually finished my painting and left it on the table to dry. Sooner or Later we thanked Mr. Nair and left for our school.

Learning Intention: WALT write a story describing what we have achieved at Technicraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.