Pages

Monday 5 March 2018

Try this experiment!

Dancing Raisins 2:




My Hypothesis:
I think that the raisins will keep bobbing up and down because of the baking soda and vinegar.

Review:
My hypothesis was valid because the The vinegar and bicarbonate of soda reacted to form carbon dioxide as one of the products. The carbon dioxide bubble collect over the many surfaces of the raisin. Because carbon dioxide is lighter than water it rises to the top and takes the raisin with it. As the bubbles pop at the surface the raisin descends, only to be covered in bubbles gain at the bottom until the reaction finishes.




Learning Intention: I am learning to express what occured when I mixed baking soda and vinegar to create a chemical reaction for dancing raisins. 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.