Pages

Friday 8 July 2016

I love making my insect sculpture!

On Thursday 7th of July, Room 7 had our last art lesson with Salome and Siliga. Salome planned for us to have a shared lunch to celebrate our last day of our art lessons for Term 2. First we all said a prayer and then we ate all the wonderful food.

After that, we were all told to grab our insect sculptures. The students who had not finished painting and gluing their insects needed to stay in the classroom to finish off their art piece. The other students had to go with Salome to take photos outside in our garden bed. I walked with Salome past Room 8 to our garden bed. Salome told us to be quiet because we didn't want to distract Room 8.


Soon, we arrived at our garden and I was the first to take a photo with my insect. First I had to hold my insect. Then I had to place my insect somewhere in the garden. I placed my insect near my broad bean plant. After that I was told to go back to class.


After we all came back to class, we had to present our insects to the rest of the class. We all sat around in a circle. I introduced what my insect was and the materials that I used to make my butterfly. Next I said a speech about Salome and Siliga helping me to make my insect. It was really fun.

My favourite part was when I said my speech because Salome and Siliga said that they loved my speech.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our writing.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives to describe Room 7's last art lesson for Term 2.

1 comment:

  1. hi punipuao,
    I like your work and great job and keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.