Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2016

Wow, Siva Samoan night was so exciting!

On Sunday 10th of April, my family and I went to Papakura PICP to practise our Siva Samoa.


We got dressed up after church and had a little snack. Then we headed out the door at 3 o'clock and arrived at 3:59. We waited for people to arrive because it was just my family and my friend’s family. The people arrived and we started off with a prayer led by my father.


First we sang a lot of songs and we went over the words and the tunes because we weren't singing it correctly. I tried singing with all my might and I was chosen to sing all of the songs, because I had a very good voice.


After that the Papakura conductor taught us the Samoan Siva. She showed us a lot of movements, we were swaying, clapping, bending, jumping and turning. Soon we had lunch. There was rice mixed with coco which is pronounced in Samoa cocolisa and some garlic bread, it was delicious. 
Lastly we closed off with a prayer and said goodbye to each other.


My favourite part was when I was chosen to sing the songs because I tried my very best.

Learning intention: We are learning to use descriptive language to make my writing more interesting.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I do this when I use verbs to describe my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.